Skip to main content

Fiesta Chicken Burrito Bowl

Fiesta Ranch Chicken Burrito Bowls piled with tender, marinated fiesta ranch chicken, cheesy one pot cilantro lime rice with black beans, guilt free Chipotle Ranch Avocado Crema and all your favorite burrito fixins'. An easy, explosion of flavor! #burrito #Mexican #ranchchicken #burritobowl #chipotle

Ok so I know I posted a Burrito Bowl the other day but this is different!!! You can't tell me this doesn't look Amazeballs!!!!!


FIESTA RANCH CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS WITH CHIPOTLE AVOCADO RANCH CREMA (Original recipe title)

 
PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
Author: 
Serves: 4-6
INGREDIENTS
  • 2-3 chicken breasts (1 pound), pounded thin
  • 1 recipe Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans (click HERE) (feel free to use this link to the original recipe)

  • Fiesta Ranch Chicken Rub
  • 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix (Ok I had to do some major research on this. It's 0% fat so I "should" be able to eat it. ["Usually" As long as a dairy product has 0% fat/milk fat it won't give me a migraine that will send me to the hospital] This does contain MSG which is really bad for people with Autoimmune disorders like myself. I will make an exception for this recipe then detox) 
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder/pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for more heat)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (kosher salt)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice

  • Chipotle Avocado Ranch Crema
  • 1 small avocado
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (0% greek yogurt)
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise (may sub more Greek yogurt)
  • 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
  • 1 tablespoons lime juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste (kosher salt)
  • Pinch of sugar (not sure if I would use sugar. If you choose to use it, use raw sugar)
  • milk (optional)

  • Garnishes (use all or favorites of below)
  • shredded Mexican cheese blend (or equal parts sharp cheddar and Monterrey Jack) (lactose or dairy free)
  • shredded lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • avocados
  • mangoes**
  • tortilla strips (GF or I like to use corn chips)
  • salsa
  • sour cream (0% greek yogurt)
  • hot sauce
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In a small bowl, whisk Fiesta Ranch Chicken Rub ingredients together and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Time permitting, allow chicken to sit 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 8 hours then bring to room temperature for before cooking.*
  2. When ready to prepare bowls, begin with Chipotle Avocado Ranch Crema by adding all the Crema ingredients to your blender and chopping then blending until smooth. Taste and add additional Ranch Mix, chipotle pepper, salt/pepper if desired. For a thinner consistency, add milk a tablespoon at a time. Chill in the refrigerator.
  3. Prepare Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans according to directions HERE.
  4. STOVETOP CHICKEN: Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing or dicing.
  5. GRILLED CHICKEN: Grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F. Grill chicken undisturbed for 6-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 155 degrees F.) Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
  6. When rice and chicken is done, immediately divide among bowls and top with cheese (so cheese melts). Top with chicken, desired Garnishes and Chipotle Ranch Avocado Crema.
  7. Serve immediately.
NOTES
*Chicken is still delicious even if cooked immediately but is more flavorful the longer the rub marinates.
**Although not pictured, I find mangoes MAKE this dish because their sweetness compliments the tang of the ranch chicken and crema.
***Total time does not include marinating chicken.
 Carlsbad Cravings Original


Borrowed from: http://www.carlsbadcravings.com/fiesta-ranch-chicken-burrito-bowls-recipe/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick