I have been searching for an alternative to sour cream for about 5 years! I'm so hoping this is the answer!...
Paleo Sour Cream
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 0 mins Servings: 6
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt (kosher salt)
Equipment:- Can opener
- Kitchen spoon
- Medium sized bowl
- Citrus squeezer (if using lemon juice)
Directions:1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (or overnight). This will cause the cream to separate from the milk.
2. Open the can of coconut milk and scrape out the cream into a medium sized bowl. Hint: I always open the can from the bottom and pour the milk out into a separate container before scraping out the cream. You can use the saved milk for smoothies and other recipes.
3. Whisk the sea salt and the lemon juice or vinegar into the cream until well combined. Taste and add more lemon juice or sea salt if needed. I like a lot of lemon juice in mine!