Skip to main content

GFAF Expo - Update!!!


YAAAAAYY!!!!! In the last post I left off by saying that I was really hoping that I would be chosen to be a Blogger/Official Blogger at the GFAF Expo in Schaumburg, IL; I got the email yesterday!
This is a ridiculously HUGE deal for me because of my chronic illnesses, chronic pain, and multiple autoimmune disorders. I have not had the courage to really step out there and do anything "big" as a "Blogger". The right door opened at the right time and I actually had the courage to step through it this time. Wish us luck, keep my health in your thoughts/prayers and let's talk EXPO!!!! 

BFree Foods is the Blogger Sponsor so I am extremely grateful to them and everyone else involved for making this possible! And I have been dying to taste their products forever!

In the last post I explained why I was SO Excited and why this event was important to me. I will go over "What" the Expo is about and the exact address, I will also give you more information on ticket sales and a VERY Special Offer!

#1 - What the Expo is all about:
The GFAF Expos are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the US. Started in 2007, the events are professionally managed and have expanded from one to eight cities throughout the United States. In addition to meeting the needs of the Celiac community, the Expo welcomes those with gluten sensitivities, auto-immune/inflammatory diseases and autism.

#2 - The Mission:
The Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo is dedicated to meeting the needs of the celiac community, those with gluten and food sensitivities, autoimmune/inflammatory diseases, and autism. The public is helped through vendor expositions, educational sessions, and online resources. The manufacturers are serviced through vendor expositions, marketing programs, and consultative services.

#3 - What you will receive with the purchase of your tickets:
  • Entry into the vendor fair with over 100 brands
  • Valuable coupons at the vendor booths
  • Samples from the vendors are considered to be gluten free.
  • Discounted products available for purchase
  • Informative classes related to the gluten free and allergen-friendly lifestyle
  • Free reusable bag to carry your goodies
  • Meet your favorite vendors, authors and bloggers (😁 Including The Lil Chef and Myself)
#4 - The purchasing of your tickets:
I am a little late to the game so there isn't much time to get the tickets that are left for 30% off. Hopefully you will see this post in time to purchase them. (I will give more ticket information below)


If you were not able to purchase your tickets in time for the 30% discount, No Worries! You can still purchase tickets at 20% up until 4/21!!



Tickets range from $5-$35

Next week (I will announce the date in an upcoming post) I will have a Giveaway for 3 FREE Tickets!!!!



If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask! I will answer your questions to the best of my ability. Come check us out, support would be awesome (for the newbie)! 

This is a great place for the Food Allergy Community to gather and enjoy food we don't have to be fearful of!

Let's have some FUN! Go easy on me with my 1st set of official blogs from the Expo, lol! Thanks in advance!

~ Mommy  (& The Lil Chef)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick