Skip to main content

Long Time, No See!!!

Hey! How are you guys?

I took a break, a really long break away form my blog because I got majorly discouraged. Life was happening, the blog wasn't going in the direction I thought it would, and I have to admit it was a little more complicated and difficult than I imagined. Someone contacted me recently who had visited my site. I had no idea anyone still came to visit. She and a few others recently suggested that I not give up. 
I'm just not sure what to do with this. I spend the majority of my time on Instagram and Facebook (on CookingWithMommy - of course). 

*Should I make it more "blog-like"?
*Should I keep doing what I was doing before?
(*I'm actually thinking about updating some of the recipes that I've done before. So many things have changed.)
*Should I catch you guys up? Or should I start over from scratch?
*Should I switch from blogger and put the blog on a different platform/blog site? 
*Should I use this blog as an outlet for all of the stressful things that are going on right now?
        
Life is still very complicate right now but I guess I could post something here or there occasionally. Decisions decisions! 

Oh, yea I forgot! I was actually invited back to the GFAF Expo that I went to last year. On one hand, I was like woooow! I can't believe they wanted me to come back! I was very happy.  On the other hand, I felt really bad because I had given up on the blog not too long after the Expo last year. I think that's when I started to get super discouraged. The expo didn't go the way I expected it to. We had a ton of fun!!! (I need to lighten up a little because it was my first expo and my first as a blogger so I had a lot to learn.) 
I plan to go to more expos, not sure as a official blogger or just a "regular" person.   

Enough rambling! I have some life decisions to make.

If you have been to my site before, THANK YOU! If you are new... I hope there is something you find interesting or helpful.
I know people don't usually respond when I ask questions but if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Goodnight People, we'll meet again!
CookingWithMommy

PS. If there are any typos I'm really really tired and Grammarly isn't working lol! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick