Skip to main content

The Protein Problem/Frustated

I started this post on 3/8/17 and I started by saying "I decided to click on the "nutrition button" on my MyFitnessPal App and found out that I am so far away from my required amount of protein it's not funny. I've revised my "diet" so many times! Obviously this is a never ending task."

It's currently 5/12/17 and I am still having issues. I'm trying to add more protein but this has been a very difficult task! Yes! I know what protein sources are available, this is the problem with that... Protein powders usually tend to be sweet and I am not a "Sweets" person, it hard to get that in. Meat, ugh, I eat SOME meat but I try not to eat a ton of meat. Obviously the turkey, chicken and occasional bacon is not enough! Now that I'm paying attention to the amount of protein in the things that I buy but it's like nothing has protein in it or not enough! Beans, don't get me started. Ok, I'm going to get started. I do not oppose beans, I like black and red beans. I like hummus, I like baked beans. I cannot eat beans or I'm not supposed to due to my candida overgrowth. I tend to have major reactions when I eat them. Not all seeds and grains agree with me either.
I'm trying, really trying but this is SOOO much more difficult than I expected. I am going to continue to try find a solution to my issue.

I do have a carb addiction and I can admit that. Baby steps, one step at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taco Bake

Taco Bake - Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen: Taco Bake is a Tex-Mex casserole with layers of corn chips, beef filling with diced tomatoes & chilies, sour cream & a cheese layer. So quick & easy too.

This looks SO Good!!! I think I might have to make in the near future!




Taco Bake This amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole is filled with a tasty beef mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Taco Bake is gluten free. CourseBeef Main DishCuisine

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By Gail Greenberg&Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I will switch some things around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, sticky pecan rolls, coconut cho…

Homemade GF "Cheddar Bay Biscuits"

I made "Cheddar Bay Biscuits" for the first time. I have wanted to make these forever! I used a combination of two recipes (the links are down below), I'll show what I combined:

Gluten-Free Sun-Dried Tomato-Cheddar-Chive Biscuits AT A GLANCEPREP15 mins. to 20 mins.BAKE15 mins. to 20 mins.TOTAL30 mins. to 40 mins.YIELD10 biscuits RECIPE #1 1 3/4 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose FlourI used this2 teaspoons baking powder I used this1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum3/4 teaspoon salt I used this - kosher salt1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives  I used this1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese2 large eggs I used this1/2 cup cold milk DirectionsPreheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment, or leave it bare; no need to grease it.Blend together the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.Work the cold butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.Stir in the chives, sun-dried tom…