Skip to main content

Raspberry Lemon Cake with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting




so delicious dairy free
Raspberry Lemon Cake 
with Vegan Cream Cheese 
Frosting
This lightly sweetened cake has a lovely, balanced flavor of fresh raspberries and lemon.


This is definitely going on my food to do list as well! I love these flavors together
Raspberry Lemon Cake with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting

INGREDIENTS


Raspberry Lemon Cake:
  • 2 C. Gluten-free flour
  • 1 tsp. Baking powder
  • 1 tsp. Baking soda
  • ½ tsp. Salt (Kosher salt)
  • ½ C. Organic cane sugar (raw sugar)
  • Zest of a lemon
  • ½ C. Olive oil
  • 1 ½ Tbsp. water
  • Plain So Delicious Dairy Free Coconutmilk yogurt alternative
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • ¼ C. Lemon juice
  • 1/4 C. Vegan butter, melted
  • 1 C. Raspberries
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:

DIRECTIONS


For The Cake:
Preheat the oven at 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 5 x 9 inch bread pan.
Sift the flour to combine with baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest and sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine the water, olive oil, plain yogurt alternative, vanilla extract, lemon juice and melted vegan butter.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients together to make a smooth batter.
Gently fold in raspberries.
Pour the batter in the bread form and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
For The Frosting:
In a large mixing bowl, add the 3 ½ sticks of vegan butter, 2 C. of powdered sugar and half of the vanilla yogurt alternative. Beat using a hand mixer until creamed and combined.
Add in an additional 2 C. of powdered sugar and beat to incorporate.
Add remaining yogurt alternative and another 2 C. powdered sugar. Beat to combine.
Add additional powdered sugar ½ C. at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Should be between 7 and 8 C. total.

By: So Delicious Dairy Free, The Scoop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick