Skip to main content

Getting Caught Up! 2/15-2/21/16

2/15/16

The cake I made came out (as The Lil Chef called it... weird)
I just can't with sugar/sweets . I don't know what happened, it's it in the fridge but I'm going to throw it out.

2/16/16
Trying Chicken Steak-umms for the first time!


I have been having some issues so I was trying to cut back more... I really tried but I can not with this bread. I am not vibing with it. I SO wish another company would come out with a yeast free bread that does not cost $10+


I tried a different wrap this time. They were on sale at Heinen's... I like them!


The texture of the chicken was a little different than I expected so it didn't quite come out as planned, it was good.


Attempt #2 
2/18/16

OK!... I tried again with the chicken steak-umm and I got it!!! This was excellent!!!!! looks the same but the taste was different!


Mommy/Baby Cheerios!


2/19/16

By now we should all know I love my homemade coffee ice cream/shakes. Here's the problem even with lactose free ice cream I can not have it. Dairy is the official enemy! I can not have any dairy :-( 


This was unexpected and awesome! I was beyond hungry and I had these ingredients in my fridge.




2/20/16

Not overly healthy but Good!!!


2/21/16

Another last minute situation but these turned out great... Mini Corndogs
I took a couple of different methods mixed them all together and tada! I think they need just a little more sugar though to make it a little more authentic.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick