Skip to main content

Quick Catch Up! 1st Time For Everything 2/14/16

There's nothing better than a homemade coffee frappe!!!
2/14/16

This is the second time I've made the copycat Frappuccino recipe, this time I switched it up. I only had pumpkin spice coffee this time so that's what I used. I also decided to use some of the SoDelicious Pumpkin Spice Drink I had left over from the holidays. It's not gone bad, it's nondairy. I, as you see mixed french vanilla, Samoa cookie, & pumpkin spice together. It turned out great!!! The original post is below.

                                                                       2/13/16
2/14/16

Another 1st! I had a sandwich that was yeast free, gluten free, dairy free. I have to make some changes, the changes I previously made to get to this point are no longer working :'(  Baby-Steps! The pretty princess (The Lil Chef) had a gluten/lactose free sandwich
& I'm slightly jealous! lol


When The Lil Chef has what she calls taco salad, I have a burrito. Unfortunately I found out that even lactose free items are bad for me. this is my first time having a burrito without any 0% greek yogurt, not bad just missing something (I have to find some type of replacement. I was bad and put lactose free cheddar cheese on it :(  I will find alternatives...)
2/13/16

I bought some fresh parsley for my upcoming smoothies and other misc recipes but I forgot the 1st day to put it in water to keep it fresh. I put it water put it in the fridge and my poor parsley looked worse than it did out the store. My mom said "that should've worked!" I said "maybe the fridge was too cold and it'll perk up when it's room temp, I've seen it on cooking shows!" I took it out, nothing happened for a while but I was busy so I left it. The Lil Chef was in the kitchen and she said "Mom come look!" I fluffed the leaves and Ta-Daaaa...back to life! I felt bad when I had to divide and cut it up and freeze it so it wouldn't go bad.
:\ 
2/13/16

This month was not the greatest financial month for us so I could not afford my usual Bob's Red Mill GF Flour Mix so I tried The LiveGFree version. I mixed this with the end of the Pillsbury GF flour mix because the Aldi brand does not include xanthan gum and a ton of recipes call for it. We'll see how this works...
2/12/16

In conclusion of our 1st time for everything... This dinner is from right before we went grocery shopping. These are ingredients from the food pantry. We used have "dirty rice" when we were little because there wasn't much money, it was cheap and good! I made it for the same reason, this was The Lil Chef's first time having any (since she could remember). Strapped for cash or not, Rice (white or brown), mixed veggies (I used canned from Aldi), and ground turkey are great together, we'll be having it again by choice!

Why is there plastic over the bowl on the right? Because The Lil chef had gluten earlier that day I was avoiding cross contamination. I like this method, The Lil chef actually came up with it, she said she felt weird having to eat off of different plates and silverware so why not cover it up and use disposable forks and knives, etc.    
2/10/16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick