Skip to main content

Crockpot Ham/"Easter" Dinner-Breakfast

Original picture...



My picture...  

I'm OFFICIALLY done making hams! (Ok I might make one more, I have an idea. If this next idea doesn't work then, yes I'm officially done!) I'm not saying that you shouldn't but...I cooked the ham in the crockpot... 

Before


After Crockpot Cooking.


It was ok while in the crockpot but it wasn't sweet. I decided to mix two recipes (which are below). The second recipe said to take the ham out the crockpot and put it in the oven on broil to do the glaze.....ok. The ham had fallen apart for the most part, which made it a little difficult to get out. I put the ham in the casserole dish and I swear it wasn't out for 5 mins and it was DRY.....HOW?! I did the "glaze" of course it didn't look like the picture but what ever does? I definitely didn't want to leave it in the oven to dry out more!   Now, I will say this! The glaze that did what it was supposed to do tasted really good! (I think once I stopped eating ham for years a while ago I lost the "it" for it. I've tried to recreate that taste and feeling so many times and I think it's just gone. And that's ok, I'm changing, my body is changing, my taste are changing. I told The Lil Chef I'm becoming an involuntary vegetarian.) I believed The Lil Chef liked it but you can never really tell because she doesn't eat alot. 
We ate "Easter Dinner" for breakfast. (we had family to visit, so we had to get our meal out of the way considering I can't eat at other people's houses) It was good but something wasn't flowing for me. 

 

Shar did fantastic with this bread!!!!!!!!! 

I came home and had leftovers so it wasn't terrible. I'd just rather not eat it altogether.
All in all we had a very nice time today, I'm hoping you guys did as well! Officially going to lay down!    







This is the recipe I used,  http://ladywiththeredrocker.com/2012/12/10/the-best-copy-cat-honey-baked-ham/ I found it on Pinterest and she borrowed the recipe from http://www.copykat.com/2010/03/25/honey-baked-ham-like-honeybaked-ham/
I also used a few ideas from this recipe: http://myfrugaladventures.com/2015/03/slow-cooker-maple-glazed-ham/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick