Skip to main content

Black Bean Burgers/Veggie Burgers

Black Bean Burgers


Veggie Burgers

Once you try these homemade Black Bean Burgers, you’ll never buy the frozen kind, again! Rich and flavorful, thanks to GOYA® Black Beans, corn, pimientos and cilantro; and tidy and compact thanks to GOYA® Brown Rice, these Black Bean Burgers are the perfect option for the vegetarians in your family. We bet you’ll get hooked, too!
Serves 8
Prep time: 20 min.
Total time: 1 hr.

Ingredients


1 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
¼ green bell pepper, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
1 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic
1 can (15.5 oz.) GOYA® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 oz.) GOYA® Refried Black Beans
1 cup cooked GOYA® Brown Rice
1 can (7 oz.) GOYA® Sweet Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
1 jar (4 oz.) GOYA® Fancy Pimientos, finely chopped (about ¼ cup) (I would omit this, I do not care for these)
1 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
¼ tsp. GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper (I suggest making your own, the recipe is in a previous post on the blog)
8 hamburger buns (use gluten free buns)
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 cup GOYA® Pico de Gallo

Directions

1.Heat 1½ tsp. oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions and pepper soften, about 7 minutes; set aside.
2.In medium mixing bowl, add black beans, refried black beans, cooked brown rice, corn, pimientos, cilantro, Adobo and reserved onion mixture. Using clean hands, mix thoroughly until combined. Divide bean mixture into 8 portions; using hands, form into 8 patties. Wrap each patty in plastic wrap; transfer to freezer until firm, about 20 minutes. (Note: Black bean patties can be stored, wrapped and frozen, for up to 6 months).
3.Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add black bean patties, making sure not to crowd pan. Cook, flipping once, until dark golden brown on both sides and warm in center, 10-12 minutes.
4.To assemble burgers, place black bean patty on bottom hamburger bun. Top with avocado and pico de gallo. Serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick