Skip to main content

My burrito bowl 1/9/16

I had so many plans to make an "official" burrito bowl, hence the recipes I've posted previously. I was really craving another "taco salad burrito" but I promised myself I'd attempt to make a burrito bowl and voila!


Simple Ingredients: spicy guacamole & black beans from Aldi, lime juice & tomatoes from Giant Eagle, Cabot lactose free cheddar cheese, mild pico de gallo, & shredded lettuce from Walmart, 0% Chobani greek yogurt from Marc's and last but not least brown Success Rice in a bag (rice in bags is not my usual but I'll take it if I don't have to wait 45 mins!) from Bj's Wholesale.  


I was too lazy to get a regular pot so I grabbed the pan and I actually like this method better.


And the layering begins. I didn't look at any of the recipes I saved, looked up, or posted so I winged it.  Brown rice, guacamole, black beans (I did heat them up)


Splashes of lime juice as I went along. Pico de gallo with the juice. I added extra tomatoes to the pico de gallo. Shredded lettuce (which I had no idea where to put so it ended up around the tomatoes)


Finally, I put a large dollop of greek yogurt on top, shaved cabot on top of that, it was a little plan so I added more black beans to jazz it up and no it still didn't the way I anticipated it would lol! 


Much better from the side! :-D


Ok, so these two pictures are the encore to the above pic. It was really really good! You see I was not going for presentation. I think it actually tasted better with the lettuce more towards the bottom.


Sometimes you need to take away from meat, even non red meat, let your body rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick