Skip to main content

NO YEAST COTTON SOFT DINNER ROLLS



The holiday season is coming and no one likes to be left out especially those of us with Food Allergies or Intolerances. I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread and rolls and it's one of the things I cannot eat, if it's not the gluten it's the yeast. I'm looking forward to being able to eat rolls with everyone else for the holidays.



PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
Very soft and fluffy dinner rolls without yeast. Secret ingredients are yogurt, olive oil and baking powder.
Author: 
Serves: 40 rolls
INGREDIENTS
  • 5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 cups plain yogurt (0% greek yogurt)
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt (kosher salt)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar (raw sugar)
  • 5 cups all purpose flour (GF flour mix, I prefer Bob's Red Mill One to One GF flour mix)
  • ½ to 1 cup whole wheat flour (GF whole grain flour)
  • 1 yolk
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 370F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
  2. Mix baking powder, yogurt, olive oil, salt and sugar in a large bowl well.
  3. Whisk all purpose flour and whole wheat flour and gradually add the flour into the wet mixture and mix with your hand or with a stand mixer until you have a non-sticky dough.
  4. Shape the dough into balls and place them on the parchment paper.
  5. Beat the yolk well and coat the top of dough balls with it using a brush.
  6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick