Skip to main content

Egg White Muffins

I apologize I do not post a ton of breakfast recipes. I cannot eat eggs (though they used to be my all time favorite thing to eat!) and almost every recipe for breakfast recipes calls for a ton of eggs that I cannot eat. I have not yet found an alternative for this yet.  Anyway, The Lil Chef sends me a ton of breakfast recipes all the time and I decided I'd start with this one because the holidays are coming and people get really busy with shopping, family coming in or traveling to someone else's house.  These miniature omelets as I like to think of them can be made in advance and customized for an individual's taste. The Lil Chef in no way would eat these with all the veggies unfortunately so for her it would be eggs and cheese.
I love egg whites (and it's a little healthier) but there's no problem making this with the whole egg.



Makes 12 muffins (2 eggs each)
Ingredients:
1 carton of egg whites or 24 egg whites. (a dozen eggs if using whole eggs)
Options:
Baby spinach
chopped onion
chopped red pepper
chopped jalapeno
chopped ham or canadian bacon
chopped mushrooms
Sriracha sauce 
shredded cheese (Cabot or any other lactose free cheese)

Directions: 
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Choose ingredients you prefer to use and maybe mix it up, so you have something different every day. chop if necessary.
-Spray pan
-Add chopped ingredients to each cup
-Add 1/3 cup liquid egg whites or 2 egg whites per cup
-Bake for 30 minutes. (adjust the time according to how solid you prefer your eggs- I like my eggs cooked really hard)
-Immediately remove and let cool on a rack. Once cool, place 2 in a ziplock bag with no air to keep them all week in the fridge. In the morning, remove from bag and heat in microwave for 1 minute and Enjoy!! 
Recipe From: http://hemandhers.blogspot.com/2012/09/healthy-start.html?m=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick