Chicken & Dumpling Casserole
- 3-4 cups of cooked chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth (GF, YF)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (Smart balance)
- 1 cup flour (GF flour mix, I prefer Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF flour)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (kosher salt)
- 1 cup milk (non dairy or lactose free)
- 1 can Campbell's cream of chicken soup (refer to my "cream of" base post)
Preheat oven to 400.
Melt butter in the microwave and pour into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Shred the chicken and spread it on top of the butter.
Whisk together the milk and the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly pour over the chicken. Don't stir.
Whisk together chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Pour soup over the flour and milk mixture. Don't stir.
Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes, or until dumplings are golden brown.
Read more at http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/11/chicken-dumpling-casserole.html#afgXoVvVLT3RW8Xl.99