Bisquick® Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- cup granulated sugar (raw sugar)
- cup packed brown sugar
- cup peanut butter (Peter Pan Brand)
- cup shortening (I personally would use extra Smart Balance here because I do not use shortening. Healthier versions of shortening do exist. Try Spectrum Organic or Nutiva)
- cup butter, softened (Smart Balance)
- 1 1/4
- cups Bisquick™ Gluten Free mix (whatever GF mix you like the best)
- 1 In large bowl, mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg. Stir in Bisquick mix. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- 2 Heat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 3 inches apart. With fork dipped in sugar, flatten balls in crisscross pattern.
- 3 Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks (I would bake them a minute or so less if you want them on the softer side. Do a test batch first, then adjust the cooking time.)