Skip to main content

Cheesy Sausage and Egg Bake

Cheesy Sausage and Egg Bake


Cheesy Sausage and Egg Bake

Breakfast casseroles remind me of Christmas morning!

Ingredients

1
pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained* 
1 1/2
cups sliced fresh mushrooms (4 ounces)
8
medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup) 
2
medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped (1 1/2 cups) 
2
cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces) (non dairy, LF)
1 1/4
cups Original Bisquick™ mix (GF Bisquick or a GF biscuit/pancake mix)
1
cup milk (non dairy, LF)
1 1/2
teaspoons salt (kosher)
1 1/2
teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2
teaspoon pepper
12
eggs (if they are available in your area use VeganEgg from Follow Your Heart) 


Directions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streus...

Johnny Mango's Shrimp Fried Rice with Fiery Lime Sauce

Backstory: My friend introduced me to this AMAZING fried rice about 6yrs ago. She asked did I want "fried rice" (I'm thinking "traditional" fried rice) OH NO! I tasted this and my taste buds went crazy!!! I had her bring it as often as I could. Unfortunately I have never been to Johnny Mango (near Downtown Cleveland) myself. I have been craving this for about 6yrs and I am SOOOOO HAPPY that there is a recipe! I do still want to go to   Johnny Mango World Cafe & Bar but until then I will try to recreate it myself. If you ever visit Cleveland OH I suggest checking this out!  INGREDIENTS For the rice 2 cups  jasmine rice (I'd probably use white and brown) 2 3/4 cups  water (filtered clean water) 1 tablespoon  vegetable oil (Olive oil) 1 teaspoon  salt (kosher salt) 2  eggs, beaten 1 teaspoon garlic, minced 6 ounces  shrimp (large 31-40 count) 1/3 cup  scallions, sliced 1 cup  English cucumber, diced (organic) 1 ...

Authentic 1-Day Ethiopian Injera: Gluten-Free 100% Teff Flatbread

I really really hope that I can make this recipe work! I received some teff flour from the food pantry and I had NO idea what to do with it. I am so happy I found this recipe! Makes:  4-6 Injera Time:  1 day to ferment, about 30 minutes to cook Tools: Large glass bowl Cheesecloth, muslin or kitchen towel with a thin weave Parchment paper Ingredients: Try to buy everything organic.   Here’s why . 1 1/2 cups teff flour 2 cups pure water 1/2 tsp baking powder Coconut oil for pan 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste Let’s get started. Place Teff flour in a large glass bowl, add water and stir well. Cover with a cheesecloth or towel and place on the counter and let it sit for 1 day/24hrs. Do not agitate or stir the batter, just leave it be. After 24 hours, you’ll see that your batter is alive and fermenting. Every batch I made looked a bit different, some were brain-like (below) and some were less puffy. Bring a pan to medium heat, and very lightly, coat ...