Skip to main content

Christmas/Winter Break Menu


This is how my menu looks to me posted on my cupboard.
What we're having is...

*Pepperoni Lasagna (Regular Lasagna with pepperoni and pizza sauce mixed in. I made a pizza casserole one time and now The Lil chef won't quite let it go so I combined the "recipes" to now have pepperoni lasagna)
*Mac N Cheese (I froze a portion of the one we had from Thanksgiving. I'm praying it will come back with no problems
*Cranberry Sauce (This is a MUST)
*Sauteed Broccoli (This is The Lil Chef's veggie, this was requested)
*Sauteed Kale (For Mommy)
*Small Ham (The Lil Chef requested a ham. I have an idea for the glaze this year...)
*Candied Bacon (there's NEVER enough)
*So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut "Eggnog"
*GF Apple Cake (I've not had apple cake in so many years. This will be the first time I'm making this.)
*Candied Butternut Squash (I froze the leftovers from Thanksgiving)
*Tater Tot Stuffing (I'll be try/making this for the first time ever. I hope this turns out good!)
*Spicy Garlic Corn
(I might make a little bitty tiny bit of real mashed potatoes)
*GF DF SF LF Chocolate Chip Cookies (I had a craving for some chocolate chip cookie and Thank God they make chocolate chips that are everything free, so I can eat them!)
(I'm supposed to be making more GF oatmeal raisin/craisin cookies and GF sugar cookies...we'll see)
*Blueberry Muffins
*Pumpkin Mufffins
*Rice pudding (My version, requested by the The Lil Chef)
*"Real" Oatmeal
*GF Biscuits and Sausage Gravy (I'm going to try a different biscuit recipe this time)
*Salted Caramel Popcorn
*Finally The Lil Chef wants Pancakes and Eggs and probably bcon on Christmas morning.

Several of these items can be found on my blog like: (just click on the word to go to the link)
*GF Apple Cake
*Candied Butternut Squash
*Tater Tot Stuffing
*Blueberry Muffins
*Pumpkin Muffins
*GF Biscuits
*Sausage Gravy
*Salted Caramel Popcorn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streus...

Johnny Mango's Shrimp Fried Rice with Fiery Lime Sauce

Backstory: My friend introduced me to this AMAZING fried rice about 6yrs ago. She asked did I want "fried rice" (I'm thinking "traditional" fried rice) OH NO! I tasted this and my taste buds went crazy!!! I had her bring it as often as I could. Unfortunately I have never been to Johnny Mango (near Downtown Cleveland) myself. I have been craving this for about 6yrs and I am SOOOOO HAPPY that there is a recipe! I do still want to go to   Johnny Mango World Cafe & Bar but until then I will try to recreate it myself. If you ever visit Cleveland OH I suggest checking this out!  INGREDIENTS For the rice 2 cups  jasmine rice (I'd probably use white and brown) 2 3/4 cups  water (filtered clean water) 1 tablespoon  vegetable oil (Olive oil) 1 teaspoon  salt (kosher salt) 2  eggs, beaten 1 teaspoon garlic, minced 6 ounces  shrimp (large 31-40 count) 1/3 cup  scallions, sliced 1 cup  English cucumber, diced (organic) 1 ...

Authentic 1-Day Ethiopian Injera: Gluten-Free 100% Teff Flatbread

I really really hope that I can make this recipe work! I received some teff flour from the food pantry and I had NO idea what to do with it. I am so happy I found this recipe! Makes:  4-6 Injera Time:  1 day to ferment, about 30 minutes to cook Tools: Large glass bowl Cheesecloth, muslin or kitchen towel with a thin weave Parchment paper Ingredients: Try to buy everything organic.   Here’s why . 1 1/2 cups teff flour 2 cups pure water 1/2 tsp baking powder Coconut oil for pan 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste Let’s get started. Place Teff flour in a large glass bowl, add water and stir well. Cover with a cheesecloth or towel and place on the counter and let it sit for 1 day/24hrs. Do not agitate or stir the batter, just leave it be. After 24 hours, you’ll see that your batter is alive and fermenting. Every batch I made looked a bit different, some were brain-like (below) and some were less puffy. Bring a pan to medium heat, and very lightly, coat ...