Skip to main content

Shrimp With Lobster Sauce


{American-Chinese} Shrimp with Lobster Sauce - quick, easy recipe that produces the most delicious shrimp in eggy lobster sauce!! | rasamalaysia.com:
This hands down is one of my all time favs when it comes to Chinese takeout! This is on the menu for dinner next month!

Shrimp with Lobster Sauce Recipe
Serves 4 as a multi-course meal | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:
12 ounces raw large shrimp, shelled and deveined (ok, I'm a little lazy. I'd get the cooked shrimp)
Salt and sugar to taste (kosher salt and raw sugar)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I'd probably use olive oil)
1-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced ( I personally wouldn't add it (The Lil Chef is allergic) but ginger is extremely good for you so by all means...)
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken broth (GF YF)
1/2 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing wine) (check labels to make sure it suits your "food issue" needs. You can use Chinese Rice wine)
3/4 cup store-bought frozen vegetables (peas and carrots)
3 dashes of white pepper
1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce (GF Tamari)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
Method:
Lightly season the shrimp with salt and sugar to taste.
In a wok, heat up the oil on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add in the ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
Transfer the shrimp into the wok and stir-fry until half-cooked or surface turns opaque. Pour in the chicken broth and Chinese cooking wine. Let it boil.
Add the frozen vegetables and stir to combine. Add the white pepper, soy sauce, salt and sugar to taste.
Prepare the cornstarch mixture by adding the cornstarch and water, mix well. When the chicken broth is boiling, gently pour in the cornstarch mixture while stirring.
Bring it back to a boil, swirl the beaten egg and immediately stir 3 times with a pair of chopsticks. When the egg white begins to form into silken threads, quickly turn off the heat.
Dish out to serving plate. Best served with warm rice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick