Skip to main content

Christmas/Winter Break Menu


This is how my menu looks to me posted on my cupboard.
What we're having is...

*Pepperoni Lasagna (Regular Lasagna with pepperoni and pizza sauce mixed in. I made a pizza casserole one time and now The Lil chef won't quite let it go so I combined the "recipes" to now have pepperoni lasagna)
*Mac N Cheese (I froze a portion of the one we had from Thanksgiving. I'm praying it will come back with no problems
*Cranberry Sauce (This is a MUST)
*Sauteed Broccoli (This is The Lil Chef's veggie, this was requested)
*Sauteed Kale (For Mommy)
*Small Ham (The Lil Chef requested a ham. I have an idea for the glaze this year...)
*Candied Bacon (there's NEVER enough)
*So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut "Eggnog"
*GF Apple Cake (I've not had apple cake in so many years. This will be the first time I'm making this.)
*Candied Butternut Squash (I froze the leftovers from Thanksgiving)
*Tater Tot Stuffing (I'll be try/making this for the first time ever. I hope this turns out good!)
*Spicy Garlic Corn
(I might make a little bitty tiny bit of real mashed potatoes)
*GF DF SF LF Chocolate Chip Cookies (I had a craving for some chocolate chip cookie and Thank God they make chocolate chips that are everything free, so I can eat them!)
(I'm supposed to be making more GF oatmeal raisin/craisin cookies and GF sugar cookies...we'll see)
*Blueberry Muffins
*Pumpkin Mufffins
*Rice pudding (My version, requested by the The Lil Chef)
*"Real" Oatmeal
*GF Biscuits and Sausage Gravy (I'm going to try a different biscuit recipe this time)
*Salted Caramel Popcorn
*Finally The Lil Chef wants Pancakes and Eggs and probably bcon on Christmas morning.

Several of these items can be found on my blog like: (just click on the word to go to the link)
*GF Apple Cake
*Candied Butternut Squash
*Tater Tot Stuffing
*Blueberry Muffins
*Pumpkin Muffins
*GF Biscuits
*Sausage Gravy
*Salted Caramel Popcorn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick