Skip to main content

Getting Caught Up


We OFFICIALLY have 7 Days / 1 Week until CHRISTMAS !!!
The Lil Chef is excited today is the last day of school before her Winter Break and later today we will put up the tree! 


Yesterday, The Lil Chef requested LiveGFree Chicken Nuggets (from Aldi)
(I'm not sure if it's my imagination or if Aldi really is providing less chicken nuggets for the same Aldi is favorite store of all time right now.
Anyway, while The Miniature Chef ate hers the traditional way, I did this with mine...
I made it into a BBQ Chicken Wrap (ok so I noticed I've been on a little kick here with the BBQ chicken stuff)
I started to put some of the french fries in the wrap but it wasn't enough room with all of the lettuce I put in it. So simple, LiveGFree wrap from Aldi, Salad Dressing, tomato slices, handful of spring mix, GF chicken nuggets, GoVeggie LF cheese slice (not pictured), and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and voila! SO Good! 

This was a couple of days ago... I think. I bought the Chex GF Clusters Fruit and Oat cereal, finally (about a week or so ago) I JUST tasted it. It's not bad, probably a little better than I expected. 
The Lil Chef wanted Ice Cream (Breyers LF ice cream) the other day so what the hay. I accidentally created "pina colada" ice cream. I had two cravings at once. I ALWAYS put pineapple topping on my ice cream but as I was about to close the fridge the Samoa creamer caught my attention and I wondered what it would taste like. I tasted the creamer first hoping it wouldn't mix with the pineapple, then I thought... what if they did touch and mix?! So I tried it and needless to say it was really good and I'm not even a huge fan of coconut or pina colada anything! (imagine that)
We finally finished the last of the stir fry, it was good as usual BUT...I tried to do my mommy thing and switch things up and it didn't go so well this time around so the little one wasn't too pumped to eat it (she said it tasted good she just didn't like the way it "looked"...whatever lol) I mixed it altogether and it was fine.
As most of us know GF bread is very expensive! so certain things the little one and I split like grilled cheese sandwiches. What does Smart Balance, Udi's GF bread, and GoVeggie LF cheese have in common? AWESOMENESS! in other words grilled cheese :-) that was our after school snack the other day.

That pretty much concludes me catching you guys up on what's been going on food wise at home. I now have to work out my holiday cooking schedule for like the next week. I pray the munchkin will not eat me out of house and home. I hope there's enough food here to tide her over. she's little but she EATS.
I'll be back soon with the  Christmas  Menu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Seasonings

I found this on Pinterest. Several things I do miss about being allergy free. So happy they can be duplicated at home Make sure the minced onions are JUST onions. I personally would use kosher salt. Use raw sugar. Instead of sour cream use 0% greek yogurt. 

Homemade Taco Sauce

This is nice and uncomplicated! You know the only thing I'd change is the salt and make it kosher, other than that this recipe is clean. I haven't made it yet but I will the next time I need taco sauce! Homemade things are better!

Hough Bakery - butter cookies

Hough Bakery By  Gail Greenberg   &   Diane Rolfe Hough Bakery was an integral  part of me and my family's lives, (most people in Cleveland for that matter) I was heartbroken when they closed. I have  always remembered the cookies and doughnuts from this magical bakery. Their products were like nothing I had ever had before (and it was extra  magical because I was so little/young) I have been searching for about 30 years for something similar - no luck... but, thank goodness there are a few recipes floating around the internet! Unfortunately  even with Archie's being open, my food afflictions will not allow  me to enjoy those old time favorites. Luckily, converting is what I do and that's what this site is about so I  will switch some things  around and see how it turns out! The recipe below is just ONE of my all time favorites, please enjoy! Memories of a signature blue-and-white, string-tied cake box filled with a streusel coffee cake, hot cross buns, stick