Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (vegan, Earth Balance, I like Smart Balance)
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 large white mushroom caps, cleaned and stems removed
- shredded mozzarella cheese (lactose free or non dairy)
- freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat and melt 1/4 cup butter. Add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute garlic about 30 seconds until aromatic. Add the shrimp and cook until they just turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Push the shrimp to one side of the skillet and dip each mushroom cap in the pan butter. I dip both the top and bottom of the mushroom. Place each mushroom into the pan, and remove the tails from the shrimp. Curl the shrimp so it fits inside the mushroom cap, and stuff each shrimp into a mushroom. Spoon some of the pan juices onto each mushroom, and top each with a bit of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and the cheese is nice and melty. Enjoy!
Total time: 20 mins.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com Shrimpcargot